The Pelvic Reconstruction & Incontinence Surgery using Mesh Registry (PRISM) proposes unique approaches to address the common limitations of database research. The multi-centered prospective design aims to capture 100% of surgical mesh cases, representing all regional uses of synthetic mesh for the repair of prolapse and stress urinary incontinence, related complications and surgical outcomes. The registry is enhanced by frequent quality assurance assessment and universally available intelligent web-based data entry that will maximize accurate data collection and provide a robust resource for clinical research.
Mesh case counter: 626
- Registry database and website development are complete
- UMassMemorial Medical Center is actively enrolling patients
- IRB approval is pending at the following sites:
- Hartford Hospital
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island
- Massachusetts General Hospital